Smart In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems deliver an intuitive, appealing and fully connected lifestyle, transforming the in-vehicle experience. Vehicle infotainment, navigation, mobile device and telematics can be synchronized to provide a coherent system and a simple interface for the driver. Ensuring that all these components work together is complex since the operation needs to be assured against a background of software updates for mobile communications platforms such as Android and iOS, Automotive Projection Modes (Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and BAIDU CarLife), and interoperability with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and USB standards.
Interoperability Testing for Infotainment Systems
HARMAN’s interoperability expertise is helping connected-vehicle programs across the world by ensuring auto ecosystem actors’ systems connect to other devices and offer the functionality they are designed to have. By testing for interoperability as well as compliance, automakers and Tier 1 suppliers can save significant amounts of effort and cost, in addition to protecting their brand’s reputation. Since January 2016, more than 25 infotainment head unit variants have been certified and HARMAN’s dedicated test lab is rated as a top 3PL (third party lab) partner by Google.
- Certified head unit for multiple OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers globally
- Inventory of 450+ phones across all handset OEMs, catering to IOP testing across all geographies
- Support OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers by filing waivers and identifying non-compliance early in the certification stage
- The HARMAN global certification team ensures standard operating procedure dates are met
- 10K Miles Drive test experience across the globe for Android Auto Projection user experience tests
- Dedicated interoperability test lab for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB and Automotive Projection Modes (Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and BAIDU CarLife), Emergency Assist and OEM applications