Increased connectivity inevitably means an increased threat to data security – a priority concern for automakers and consumers alike. HARMAN is tackling this head on with HARMAN SHIELD, a far-reaching and highly sophisticated suite of products and technologies that provide scalable end-to-end cybersecurity for connected and ultimately autonomous cars.
HARMAN SHIELD for advance market products includes three key components that enable connectivity, detection and response capabilities on a single device:
- HARMAN SHIELD agent is installed on the SmartAuto device and provides the most comprehensive solution for detecting, managing, mitigating and responding to cyber attacks on connected and autonomous vehicles;
- HARMAN SmartAuto is a telematics device (OBD-II dongle) that instantly transforms any car into a smart and connected one;
- HARMAN SHIELD Cybersecurity Analytics Center is a full dashboard and analytics solution providing 24/7 visibility of broad vehicular security-related events.
HARMAN SHIELD in-vehicle agents protect connected ECUs through Intrusion Detection & Prevention algorithm.
Agents are deployed on key attack vectors to provide perimeter protection:
- Every agent provides detection & prevention algorithms to protect its respective interfaces (Wi-Fi, BT etc.)
- All agents protect access to the in-vehicle network
- OTA/field updatability for future-proof security
- Continuously monitors inbound and outbound traffic
- Supports cellular, Wi-Fi and BT interfaces
- Detection and mitigation capabilities
- Blocks malicious attempts to compromise the device
- Backend integration with the Cybersecurity Analytics Center (HARMAN Ignite-based)
- Full visibility of all possible harmful activities
- Assessment and investigation
- Response, mitigation and initiation of campaigns (OTA)
- Integration with SIEM and incident management