Over-the-Air (OTA) Insights
Applying Secure, OTA Updates to Connected Vehicles at a Global Scale
As software is redefining how automakers design and build vehicles, it is essential that this software is up to date. Recalls, software bugs or the introduction of new features can have a significant financial impact on the automaker/automotive dealer. The faster an update can be deployed, the more likely costs are reduced, the brand image remains strong, recalls may be avoided, and most importantly, customers are satisfied. Performing remote software updates and vehicle configuration settings on a large fleet of vehicles introduces new challenges such as monitoring the progress of the software update(s), identifying problems encountered in the process and evaluating software adoption rates.
Monitoring OTA Software Update Progress
HARMAN OTA Solution was already selected by more than 40 global vehicle manufacturers on 38 million vehicles to perform remote software and firmware updates.The new OTA Insights add-on provides detailed real-time reporting and analysis on the progress of each OTA software update campaign, network performance, adoption rates of each software update on a per-vehicle level basis and more.
OTA Insights provides these benefits and additional information by integrating with Tableau. Tableau is currently considered the most efficient Business intelligence (BI) and analytics tool in the world. Using Tableau enables OTA Insights to build extremely informative dashboards and reports that provide analytics and actionable insights. This information includes the penetration of software versions across fleets, models and regions, and provides reasons for low adoption rates and other challenges OEMs and dealerships face in performing the updates. It also helps to increase campaign efficiency, reduce the cost of an update and deliver the in-vehicle customer experience that the automakers envision.
- End-to-end visibility to all OTA update activities of the automaker/dealer
- Identify extreme cases and abnormalities in the software update process
- Gain insights on success and failure rates of each OTA software update campaign, status of each campaign,
- Hardware and Software install-base (managed and not-managed), penetration of new software versions in the field
- Reduce costs and complexity associated with software version support by executing new updates quickly
- Scale on demand to accommodate the growing number of vehicles, software updates, and geographies
OTA Features and Benefits
Global, scalable, and secure solution to match the changing consumer demands in the automotive industry.
Consistent approach to normalizing data sets, that allows seamless expansion of new vehicle models over time and across different model lines.
Self-service portal to review registered vehicle data, campaign progress, top reasons for failure of the update process, etc.
Useful and intuitive reports that show aggregate campaign data, per vehicle, model, and/or geography details.
- Enhanced analysis tools to give guided insight to the anomalies and the trends. The tools also help in identifying the root causes behind the anomalies/issue trends
- Encompasses advanced analytic and predictive capabilities using structured andunstructured data
Smart Delta for Maps is a part of HARMAN OTA Solution, trusted by more than 40 global vehicle manufacturers on 38 million vehicles.