5G will become the next standard for cellular services, as it has much higher bandwidth and much lower latency than 4G. Samsung is poised to be the leader in commercializing 5G, bringing it to 30 million U.S. households. A full product lineup and the establishment of 5G Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) technology will speed up implementation.
SPEEDING UP CAR CONNECTIVITY
Automakers need an efficient all-in-one solution that provides advanced connectivity as well as on-demand over-the-air support for updating ECUs. HARMAN’s telematics solutions are carrier-agnostic and work with automaker-preferred mobile network operators. The next-generation telematics systems can interface directly with the HARMAN Ignite cloud-based analytics and service delivery platform, giving automakers a managed platform to update a variety of embedded apps, connected services and vehicle systems. HARMAN also offers a broad range of hardware solutions such as cost-efficient, lightweight conformal antennas, 5G-ready smart telematics control units (TCU) and road-side units (RSU). With vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communication based on 5G, HARMAN and Samsung will connect millions of cars all over the world and are thus paving the way to autonomous driving.
- Peak speed up to 20 Gbps
- Large amounts of data may be transmitted at much higher speeds
- Over-the-air updates, 4K streaming, remote computing
- Only 1 ms delay
- Making the driving experience as safe and reliable as possible
- Hard braking alerts, “look-around-the-corner”, blind overtaking
- Up to one million connected devices within 1 km²
- Setting the foundation for an IoT-powered future
- Smart cities, smart traffic projects, meshed logistics networks