HMI Development Services
Increasing demand for safety, personalized driving experiences, convenience delivered by numerous technologies, and ubiquitous connectivity are driving the movement towards converting connected vehicles into high-performing, intricate machines built on complex logic. An exponential increase in options and complexity as well as changing automotive ecosystem parameters expand drivers’ human-machine experiences. To respond to these challenges, automotive Human-Machine Interface (HMIs) need to be much more fluid, contextual and relevant to consumers.
HARMAN supports OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers in developing HMI for automotive head units, including the In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) HMI, cluster HMI and other displays. HARMAN also supports the development of the UI views, data models and application’s business logic. The HMI can be developed based on the UI/UX design either from the OEM, Tier 1 supplier or from HARMAN. HARMAN can accommodate the full responsibility of total software stack development, including requirements management, system architecture, HMI design and development, middleware services development and integration, hardware integration and BSP, system integration and verification, etc.
- Rapid HMI prototyping
- Complete HMI development for infotainment and/or instrument cluster system
- Separate HMI applications/HMI web services development
- HMI customization/branding
- Creation of custom UI elements and element libraries
- Complex 3D scenes development
- Screen graphics optimizations on target
- KPI optimizations (boot-up, performance) on target
- Multiscreen HMI solutions with seamless user interactions
- HMI functional and non-functional verification activities
- Accelerated HMI deployment coupled with cost and royalty savings
- Competence/development centers in Russia, China and India accommodating volatile requirements and aggressive schedules
- Equipped with the HARMAN Automotive UI Development suite (HCAT), a complete product (SDK) that allows rapid development of enhanced and highly customizable HMI