HARMAN OTA Solution
According to the GSMA, all new cars will be connected by 2025, and will have a growing number of in-vehicle systems that are dependent on software. On average, there are more than 100 Electronic Control Units (ECU) and each vehicle has more than 100 million lines of code. Additionally, there is an inherent complexity in the automotive supply chain, with lack of visibility to third-party source code, software bugs and vulnerabilities. HARMAN OTA is the industry-leading solution for managing full-vehicle software and keeping it up-to-date.
“HARMAN OTA enables automakers like us to adapt to an evolving market landscape by securely managing all in-vehicle software components, including firmware, applications, configurations, settings and maps on head units, TCUs (Telematics Control Units) and ECUs (Electronic Control Units); – anywhere and at any time. It is capable of identifying any code changes, then applying them to target components to create desired software images with full bit-for-bit integrity“
Connected car executive, Detroit
HARMAN Smart Delta Technology
HARMAN OTA solution leverages its unique HARMAN Smart Delta technology that reduces the file update package by up to 99 percent. This contributes greatly to network efficiency and cost effectiveness and minimizes the time it takes for the update to be fully executed.
A Reliable Way To Update Vehicle Software
HARMAN OTA solution is the most trusted solution in the automotive industry, already selected by 24 global car manufacturers (OEMs) and covering more than 30 million vehicles. It enables efficient management of full-vehicle software and peripheral devices. This solution enables over-the-air updates and management of the entire vehicle, from head unit to the smallest ECUs, and even includes those units with low processing and memory resources. It was built specifically to prevent failures by eliminating any potential risks, such as network problems, cybersecurity attacks and file tampering, providing OEMs with a secure and efficient way to mitigate risk.
- Class-leading Smart Delta technology that delivers the latest firmware, OS, applications, maps updates to connected vehicles over-the-air via the smallest possible payloads.
- A versatile backend infrastructure accommodates comprehensive automotive software catalogs and diverse car component inventories.
- Supports multiple networks – Wi-Fi, cellular, BT.
- Roll-back & recovery mechanism in the event of an interruption during the update.
- All software updates are performed in the most efficient way providing superior user experience.
- Powerful reporting functions providing information and insights on the success rate of vehicles, update campaigns, common errors and fleet status.
- ASPICE Level 3 certified.
- Uncompromising security starting with security by design through secured codding and penetration test providing secured OTA update process.
- Reduces software recalls and warranty-related costs via OTA updates.
- Provides high reliability and accuracy for navigation and ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) via ongoing map updates.
- Delivers secure OTA updates throughout the vehicle lifecycle: engineering, production, shipping, dealership and at home.
- Offers uncompromising protection against car connectivity-related cybersecurity threats.
- Makes it easy to add new features and functionality post-production.
- Enables monetization of vehicle connectivity by service activation and introduction of new services
Other OTA Solutions
A cybersecurity add-on to the HARMAN OTA solution, automakers can be notified of potential component-level vulnerabilities throughout the supply chain, further assess the risk, impact of the risk and plan for risk mitigation. The HARMAN OTA solution then can help automakers initiate relevant software campaigns to make their vehicle more secure and future-proof.
With the HARMAN Smart Delta for maps product, automotive OEMs are now able to update their on-board maps in a cost effective and timely manner.
OTA Insights provides intuitive dashboards to visualize the penetration of software versions across fleets, models and regions, and provides reasons for low adoption rates and other challenges OEMs and dealerships face in performing remote updates.