HARMAN OTA for Agricultural Vehicle Manufacturers
The agriculture sector is undergoing a major transformation driven by new technologies, which enable farmers to increase both productivity and profitability. Precision agriculture, which includes the fusion of three key technologies – computer mapping, guidance, and variable-rate equipment – is currently being augmented with an increase in farm-knowledge systems and data.
Yet farmers must continue to be creative in how they leverage technology and must become more efficient when it comes to their farm income – using less land to produce more crops and increase the productivity and yield of farmed acres. As data becomes more available, the importance of data analytics and cloud technologies will grow as farmers continue to focus on the end result: increasing productivity while minimizing vehicle downtime.
Leveraging decades of experience in this industry, HARMAN supports agricultural vehicle manufacturers worldwide to securely and efficiently manage the multitude of special-purpose vehicles’ configurations and software. HARMAN’s OTA (Over-the-Air) solution enables connected agricultural vehicle manufacturers to greatly reduce equipment downtime and maintenance costs thanks to remote software updates, configuration and enhancement of their deployed equipment. A greater use of Smart Farming technologies, such as OTA software updates, is vital to improving a farm’s financial performance and yield.
- Minimizes equipment downtime and reduces recall/warranty related costs
- Delivers secure OTA updates throughout the vehicle lifecycle: engineering, production, shipping, dealership and in the field
- Offers uncompromising protection against vehicle connectivity related cybersecurity threats
- Makes it easy to add new features and functionalities post-production
- Enables monetization of vehicle connectivity via service activation and introduction of new services
Features and Benefits
- Leveraging a turnkey OTA/device management service from the market leader allows you to focus on your core competencies and allocate your engineering resources to increase ROI and establish a long-lasting competitive advantage.
- The combination of frequent software updates, remote vehicle configuration/calibration, and the leveraging of our differential update patented technology over current slow in-vehicle buses significantly minimizes your customers’ equipment downtime.
- Taking advantage of HARMAN’s proven end-to-end solution, agricultural vehicle manufacturers can gradually introduce innovation into their smart vehicles with confidence, powering both existing equipment and self-driven agricultural vehicles.
- Getting full control of the vehicle software and configuration of their fleets, the vehicle manufacturers and their customers are empowered with the possibility of utilizing new business models and being able to offer new billable services, including vehicle-as-a-service, advanced support/maintenance packages, third-party application marketplace and more.
- HARMAN's solution complies with the ever-evolving cyber security countermeasure requirements and best practices.
- Our winning model allows for fast deployment and reduces the operational complexity and the risks of potential vehicle recalls or denial-of-service attacks.
- The solution addresses security risks via digitally signed and fully authenticated update packages delivered to vehicles under strictest compliance, while adhering to evolving industry security practices.
- Save up to 95 % of network data costs with our Smart Delta product, the most efficient incremental software solution on the market.
- Reduce reflash time for remote ECUs on slow vehicle bus connections and dramatically reduce the size of data transferred over the vehicle bus.
- HARMAN’s back-end system can be deployed on-premise or hosted on cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and others, providing manufacturers with both flexibility and scalability.