Over-the-air (OTA) Insights
As software is redefining how automakers design and build vehicles, it is essential that it is up to date. Recalls, software bugs or the introduction of new features can have a significant financial impact on the automaker and its dealer body. The faster an update can be deployed, the more likely costs are reduced, the brand image remains strong, recalls may be avoided, and most importantly, customers are satisfied. Performing remote software updates and vehicle configuration settings on a large fleet of vehicles introduces new challenges such as monitoring the progress of the software update(s), identifying problems encountered in the process and evaluating software adoption rates.
“As a fleet manager, it is difficult to keep apprised of the software update progress on each of our vehicles. OTA Insights from HARMAN provides a way to not only help monitor the progress of the software updates more easily, but also provides a more cost-effective way of correcting any issues that arise during the process. Evaluating software adoption rates by vehicle owners and drivers is easier then ever before with this solution.”
Fleet Manager, Munich
OTA Insights provides intuitive dashboards to visualize the penetration of software versions across fleets, models and regions, and provides reasons for low adoption rates and other challenges OEMs and dealerships face in performing updates. It helps them with useful analytical and actionable insights to improve campaign efficiency and reduce the cost of an update.
Monitoring OTA Software Update Progress
OTA Insights provides detailed reporting and analysis on the progress of each OTA software update campaign, network performance, adoption rates of each software revision on a per-vehicle basis and more.
OTA Insights provides these benefits and additional information by utilizing Tableau, a market leading Business Intelligence (BI) tool. This information includes the penetration of software versions across fleets, models and regions, and provides reasons for low adoption rates. Actionable insights can be seen by OEMs so they may handle challenges faced while performing remote software updates. It also helps increase campaign efficiency, reduce the cost of an update and deliver the in-vehicle customer experience envisioned by automakers.
- Global, scalable and secure solution to match changing consumer demands in the automotive industry.
- Consistent approach to normalizing data sets that allows seamless expansion of new vehicle models over time and across different model lines.
- Self-service portal to easily create personalized views.
- Useful and intuitive reports that show aggregate campaign data across vehicle, models, campaigns and/or geographies.
- Enhanced analysis tools provide guided insight to the anomalies and trends, as well as the root causes behind the anomalies/issue trends.
- End-to-end visibility of all automaker/dealer OTA update activities.
- Identify extreme cases and abnormalities in the software update process.
- Gain insights on success and failure rates for each OTA software update campaign, status of each campaign, hardware and software install base, penetration of new software versions in the field.
- Reduce costs and complexity associated with software version support by executing new updates quickly.
- Scale on demand to accommodate the growing number of vehicles, software updates and geographies.