Mobile and Cloud-based Application Development
Vehicles are becoming more sophisticated every year. What was once just a mechanical vehicle to transport a consumer from point A to B, is now becoming more like a large smart device on wheels. Changes such as advanced emergency braking capabilities, mapping technology that is equipped for autonomous driving, systems for better fuel efficiency (hybrids) and cars equipped for car as a service as a form of transportation and more are common place. Today, consumers expect more. Automotive ecosystem providers increasingly look to provide convenience for drivers and in turn add value to their brand by offering mobile applications and connected telematics solutions. From next generation dealerships, to applications that proactively schedule maintenance to prevent failures and longer down-times, there is a clear shift of demand towards innovative car services.
“My automaker provides an application that allows me to stay connected to them, and my vehicle all the time. They provide tools to manage my vehicle and some conveniences to help them take care of my vehicle. The application has information on specials schemes for the display in my car, coupons, service history, roadside assistance, service-appointment scheduling, an owner’s manual, license plate, insurance information, social media integration and much more. I love this new relationship and how my automaker is so responsive to my needs.”
Application Engineer, 42 years old, London, UK.
HARMAN helps automakers to deliver robust, high-performance and award- winning automotive apps. It helps them to stay ahead of competition in a cloud-first, mobile-first world. - Product/platform modernization - PaaS and SaaS implementation - Enterprise application integration - Customer-centric mobile/web apps
Conceptualize, Build, Integrate and Scale your Applications
HARMAN Automotive Engineering services enhance vehicle efficiency, performance and safety. From design to manufacturing, our years of expertise can help auto ecosystem actors with solutions to get ahead without compromising on quality. HARMAN delivers a unique blend of product engineering capabilities and analytics - with a design-first approach. This often helps to see the “big picture” and a customer-first orientation in a broad engineering field such as Automotive. HARMAN provides a full set of mobile / tablet application development and lifecycle management capabilities including but not limited to the following:
- Application UI/UX design
- Custom development across all major platforms including; iOS, Android, Windows, and more
- Access to pre-built HARMAN Ignite platform SDKs for vehicle management, vehicle connectivity and communication
- Integration of cloud-based capabilities like identity, payment, analytics, remote vehicle access
- Integrated technical support and App Store management
- Internationalization and localization
With the expertise gained by working across a multitude of industries, our experts can solve complex problems deriving inspiration from elsewhere. Also, to keep up with the pace of changes in hardware and software, HARMAN is part of a strong ecosystem of partners in the automotive industry.
HARMAN Ignite is an end-to-end cloud platform that supports various use cases by providing connectivity, application enablement, analytics and managed services capabilities.
Able to conceptualize, build, integrate and scale applications. From bespoke application development to modernizing legacy applications, our comprehensive application engineering services provides complete assistance in the digital journey.
HARMAN’s research and insight-driven, design-thinking strategy help reduce the time to transform ideas into viable products which convert users into brand advocates.
- Lower costs and faster delivery - With development and engineering offices across the globe, OEMs/Tier-One suppliers can choose development locations based on cost or time zones for ease of communication and coordination with their teams.
- Experienced team capable of deploying mobile and tablet applications in Automotive. Our engineering teams are trusted across the world by the top automotive OEMs.
- Diverse engineering experts that employ rigorous agile development, quality assurance and next generation development tools to ensure quality and transparency.
- Portable and Scalable applications - mobile applications developed in the native language. Engineers leverage open standards whenever possible which accelerates development and renders flexibility to the applications being developed.