MASTER SOFTWARE INTEGRATOR SERVICES
It has been said, that today’s automobiles are like high-tech devices on wheels. The percentage of electrical components (ECUs) increases every year. As the percentage of vehicle-mounted ECUs increase, so do the number of lines of code in their connected vehicle programs. Automotive Embedded Software is enabling remarkable new business opportunities in the automotive industry and fueling innovation in connectivity, user experience, and autonomous vehicle development. However, managing automotive software development complexity requires a strong software architecture, software development expertise and a well-managed talent pool.
“Hardware and software integration, and co-development, is a major challenge and a key contributor to quality issues, launch delays, and recall related penalties. It requires an overall understanding of the interplay of the sub-systems to enable component-based development with portability, reconfigurability and extensibility, together with guaranteed reliability and performance levels. As an automaker, we have experienced that HARMAN is an automotive partner with extensive experience in automotive integration processes with large, global teams.“
Our team of automotive software development experts, our experience in building automotive infotainment Systems-on-Chip devices, our strong relationships with 3rd party software vendors and our leadership in industry forums helps us serve as a partner in OEM’s or Tier-1's R&D programs and in turn build robust and reusable software platforms.
Next generation Connected car platform development
As a Master Software Integrator, HARMAN provides a complete solution for the development of next generation connected vehicle platforms. HARMAN provides dedicated customer teams to align development to the OEM’s vision, and track delivery by each constituent to produce compelling, reliable and scalable products. Our service portfolio is aligned to support every phase of product development - from concept through detail designing, validation, development to continuous maintenance and support.
Center of competencies
- Productized Services: for in-vehicle infotainment and connected car solutions
- Platform Services: based on QNX, Linux and Android
- HMI & Application Services: QT, OpenHMI, OpenGL, Action Scripts, Android HMI, Rich Automotive Apps for Android and iOS, UI/UX design
- Middleware Services: Connectivity, Smartphone Integration, Navigation, Multimedia
- Embedded Services: BSP and Device Driver development, Platform migration and Multicore design
- Engineering Design: CAD, CAE and Visual Design
- Testing Services: Verification & Validation, Interoperability Testing,
- Android Auto Pre-Certification Testing, Test Automation Solutions.
- Core Solutions: OTA (Software Update Management), Device Management & Analytics, Device Virtualization, Security, Adaptive Learning for Smart Cars, Android Auto Solutions
With the expertise gained by working across a multitude of industries, our experts can solve complex problems deriving inspiration from elsewhere. Also, to keep up with the pace of changes in hardware and software, HARMAN is part of a strong ecosystem of partners in the automotive industry.
- Extensive history of automotive software platform development.
- Capable of providing the best services in fields of PMO, Software Development Integration, Configuration Management and Testing.
- Strong relationships with SoC and third-party software vendors
- Leadership in forums such as GENIVI, AGL, AVNU, OAA, OHA and more.
- Create benefit of reusability, collaboration and productivity with diverse platforms and teams.
- Supplies large teams to develop leading edge next generation connected vehicle software platforms
- Accelerates software development through off-the-shelf HARMAN platforms and components
- Employs Agile software development methodologies across heterogeneous architectures and technologies to improve product quality and reduce costs with continuous integration and delivery
- Allows variable capacity and with a global footprint - rapid ramp-up and ramp-down teams across the world, to provide support as workload dictates